Monday, December 21, 2009

Hallelujah



















hal⋅le⋅lu⋅jah

–interjection
1. Praise ye the Lord!
–noun
2. an exclamation of “hallelujah!”
3. a shout of joy, praise, or gratitude.
4. a musical composition wholly or principally based upon the word “hallelujah.”


I just wanted to put this definition up for all of you to see, not because I think you don't know the meaning, but just as a little reminder.

This Sunday our Grandmother (or Mother) passed away from this world. One of her last wishes the previous night was, should she pass, that we were to say Hallelujah. And be happy that she had moved on. I know it seems a little funny and a little strange but I believe that she meant the word as only she could. As a praise to God, as a shout of gratitude for her new found freedom, and I don't believe the irony of the season in which she passed escaped her.

Some of us were closer to Grandma Miller than others were, however we all loved her and I am sure we all have fond memories of her. So during the next week as we all mourn her passing remember her the way she would want to be remembered. She was a diligent woman who loved her man. She took on the responsibilities of her positions in the church and in life with a zest and passion I myself am proud of. She always cared about all of her family, regardless if she agreed with their decisions or lifestyles. And she believed above all other things in the gospel of the church.

Her presence here will be missed. But I believe she has rejoined with her soul mate and is now happier than she has ever been. So I leave this eulogy in remembrance of her, and her life here on earth. And as she said herself....Hallelujah.

5 comments:

Kati said...

Very well said!

The Morton Family said...

Sorry for your loss. We will be to the viewing on Sunday evening. We would love to see you there.
We also missed you at the Wils party. We had a alot of fun and I sent your gift home with Britt and Dave.
Anyway, much love to you, and Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HappyHodges said...

I hope you dont Mindy be barging in and making a comment, this is Daves friend Adam Hodges wife Mindy. I like to check on your blog from Dave & Britts now and then to see how you are doing:) I wanted to thank you for this amazing and well written remembrance of your grandma! She would be proud! Hope you are well!

Kati said...

SO do you think I could get away with saying my eye color is "silver and gold??" Remember that song on that OLD Roudolf the red nose reindeer movie??? haha


oh and btw- Adam's wife Mindy is AWESOME!!!